Monday, December 8, 2014

A Killer Among Us By: Charles Bosworth

If you have not read A Killer Among Us, you have to. It is a great book! And it's a true story, that my dad knows A LOT about. The story is based off of the murder of Elizabeth DeCaro that happened back in 1992. Richard DeCaro, (Elizabeth's husband) hired Daniel Basile to murder Elizabeth. I'm not going to get into too many details because I don't want to ruin it for you, but it was pretty awful. Elizabeth was a mother to 4 young children. Richard took them and their dog on a trip to the Ozarks for "father bonding time" while he knew all along what was about to go down. He had hired a man by the name of Daniel Basile to murder his wife. Daniel hid in their house and then on March 6, 1992 (I believe that's the correct date--don't hold that against me), Daniel shot Elizabeth twice in the back of the head, execution style, killing her and leaving behind her 4 young children. It was not sketchy at all... everyone knew something was going to go down.


My dad could tell you a ton about the murder, because he knew Elizabeth, Richard, and Daniel. My dad use to work at the same station in Old Orchard (the one across from the animal hospital that is being torn down or whatever), with Richard DeCaro. My dad is even mentioned in the book on page 123 as the employee with the loud mouth that got fired and then hired again 2 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment