Tuesday, September 9, 2014

No Matter What, Jake--I promise

Have you ever been in love?
Do you even believe in love?
Especially at 15?

He met me in the park. He had me at hello. He was... perfect. Just by looking at him.. I could tell that he was the one. Call me crazy if you want, call this lust. But trust me, what I felt that day was love. I gave him my number, he texted me right away that night. It was May 18, 2012, 10:02 pm. My eyes lit up like a full moon on Halloween. I just know I was smiling at my phone like a little girl. When I got the text he sent me asking me to see a movie the next day, I thought my heart was going to explode.
That next day he picked me up in his 69 red mustang, and we headed to Ronnies. We ended up just sitting in the cars watching some old cartoon, but we just talked. We found out so much about each other. He took me home and kissed me goodnight. He called me as soon as he got home and we talked for at least four hours. We hung out everyday over the summer. He told me everything, personal stuff, and he promised to keep everything a secret that I told him. Towards the end of July, we took a break until the middle of September because he visited Italy. I didn't think he was coming back but he surprised me on September 15, with 11 red roses and one fake black rose. That night I bought him dinner because it was his 17th birthday. He took me back to his house and he sang me our song, No Matter What Papa Roach while he played me guitar. That night is one night I will never forget. He made me his officially. He asked me to marry him and gave me a promise ring because he couldn't afford an engagement ring.
I texted him the morning of November 11, telling him we needed to talk. He picked me up and took me back to his house. I told him I was pregnant, and surprisingly, he was excited. He kissed me and told me that he couldn't wait until our little one was born. I moved in with him. We found out that it was going to be a boy. We decided Andrew for a name, but we never got to a middle name.
On January 12, 2013, we got into a fight. With our baby on the way, I didn't want him to be responsible with drinking and driving. I told him I would talk to him that weekend. I got a call the next morning saying that he had accidently committed suicide........
I was torn. I couldn't believe this was happening. My love, was gone. I felt like it was my fault.
I lost the baby on Valentines Day that year, how ironic. He wasn't growing properly and had no heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment